The Memorials Program is open to anyone who would like to place a bench or tree in memory of a special person, event, or memory.
MEMORIAL BENCH DEDICATION
Place a Memorial Bench in a local park or community space.
- Cost of a bench with plaque is $1,500 (Town covers remainder).
- Bench will be located on a concrete pad or sidewalk
- Benches and plaques are under warranty for two (2) years
- Plaque engraving with a maximum of four (4) lines
- Agreements will be in place for a period of ten (10) years with an option to renew
- The Town reserves the right to move the bench(es) if necessary.
- The Town may limit the number of benches purchased in a calendar year.
MEMORIAL TREE DEDICATION
Choose to plant a Memorial Tree, with or without a plaque.
- Cost of a tree without a plaque is _____
- Cost of a tree with a plaque is _____
- Trees are under warranty for two (2) years and the Town will be responsible for replacing it during that time
- The Town is responsible for overall maintenance of the tree over the course of its life cycle.
- Plaque will be set at the base of the Memorial Tree in a concrete footing
- Engraving is limited to four (4) lines
- Will be maintained for two (2) years at no additional cost, after which responsibility of plaque is to the original purchaser
- Please advise of two (2) preferred locations on Town or public lands. Final location of Memorial Trees is at the discretion of Council and the Town Manager.
Memorials Program Application
Memorial Trees are placed twice each year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. To have your tree installed during the current calendar year, please complete an application by February 1 for the Spring deadline or August 1 for the Fall deadline.
Memorial Benches are placed annually between May 1 and July 31. To have your tree installed during the current calendar year, please complete an application by March 1.